What's a risk-free way to save? Well, you could stuff your savings into a penny jar and hope for the best. But we wouldn't recommend that (we've tried it).
Instead, put your savings into a risk-free CD. It's safer than a penny jar, and you'll earn competitive interest at a guaranteed, fixed rate. Simply choose the term length that suits you best.
- Guaranteed, fixed-rate earnings
- Earns competitive interest at higher rates than standard savings
- Enjoy peace of mind with FDIC insurance up to $250,000
- Receive higher rates by selecting a longer term
- A wide range of terms available (from 3 months to 7 years)
- No setup or monthly fees
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty*
- $500 minimum deposit to open
A penalty may be imposed for withdrawals before maturity. The penalty will be an amount equal to half of the interest on the amount withdrawn. For variable rate accounts, the rate we will use to calculate this penalty will be the rate in effect at the time of withdrawal.